Friday, February 8, 2008

First Sergio, then Judy, now Andrea!

I am starting to get a little nervous about all the bike accidents that have been going on. I have not had one in quite a few years and I would like to keep it that way.
I am so glad that Sergio,Judy and Andrea are ok and that somebody was watching over them. Their bikes however where not so lucky! Bikes can be replaced though!

A friend of mine who did not ride with my group in NJ in a while noticed how careless we had got in a year. When you ride by yourself or in a small group you start to take things for granted. We started to cut the corners, never really stop at red lights and ride in aero bars in a paceline...to mention a few! All pretty careless biking habits. The results are close calls which are never good. I shall make a point of riding carefully in the future and shall try to get everyone I ride with to do the same. No half wheeling, call out obstacles in the road, no music and helmuts for goodness sake! Its dangerous enough with all the road rage and people that think cyclists are taking them on in their cars...so lets all just be so careful and lets really look out for each other!!!

No comments: