Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial weekend has come and gone and summer has finally started. It was a beautiful weekend with still slightly cooler than normal temps this past week. The weekend was spent with my good friends and their kids that stayed over at our house. We had a great time catching up and hanging out at the beach and our pool. I definitely felt like I was burning the candles on both ends. Waking up early to get my workouts in and then staying up a little later than usual to hang out. It definitely caught up to me by Monday where I just could not get up to do an early morning swim or bike. Instead I slept in and had breakfast with everyone...a nice treat! I then got a family bike ride in which was quite enjoyable. Quite unlike the previous days 80 mile hammer session. I was meant to ride with a small group of 4 that turned into about 12 riders. I had a 4 hour zone 2 bike so I had to sit in most of the way and I tried to keep the bike as easy as possible. This meant taking it a little more comfortable up the hills and really staying in the back when things got harder. I was fine with this as my legs were quite tired. I was a little upset as I had hoped to have my srm back and working by this weekend but the bike shop was swamped and unfortunately it was not done. I have it for todays ride though and look forward to training back on the power meter. It really allows me to keep things much more controlled than following my heart rate. I have had 5 weeks without it and I really miss training with it. So yay..thanks Clarence!
I shall be starting my Lake Placid build so things will start to get very hectic for me in the next few weeks. Next up Eagleman 70.3 in two weeks.

No comments: