Thursday, November 19, 2009

Week 1

I am happy to report that I am finally back to a training schedule!!!!
While I am still going to ART, Physical Therapy and Acupuncture I feel like I have made HUGE progress.
I have spent the last few weeks working on a strength training program for my legs as my left hamstring strength was very weak.
I have enjoyed my time of being able to do what I want when I want but I love the commitment of a schedule, a plan, and goals to meet.
It is both satisfying and rewarding to have a starting point and then feel yourself getting stronger by the week. I did my first hard bike in 2 months and was disappointed to see all the strength I had lost on the bike. My power was way down and my heart rate high...but I shall work hard and watch those numbers improve to where I was a few months ago.
For now it shall be about building a base and getting strong again!
I am in the middle of organising my 2010 year. I am excited about possible new sponsorships and new race venues.
As I felt robbed of my second half of my season, I so look forward to being out there racing next year. I LOVE TO RACE!
Good luck to my friends racing Arizona this weekend.

No comments: