Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lake Placid

Heading up to the beautiful Lake Placid tomorrow and I can't wait. Stuck around tonight as Tanner had his first All Star baseball game...couldn't miss it of course. So as much as I wanted to wake up there ready to train I will wake early tomorrow and do the 6 hour drive(hopefully!) This shall be a fun week as there are so many people from my area going up for training camps. It will be good to get some open water swimming in in Mirror Lake. This is my favorite open water swim although with the cool temps and all the rain I heard it is still COLD! The biking up there is gorgeous and I love the Whiteface mountain climbs. It is always a shock to my system after training down the Jersey Shore area. Tomorrow I shall have a long run on the race course...this is always a tough hilly run and I hope to do it in the sun...not like my last experience racing Lake Placid. This time I will be a little more prepared with lots of warm clothes...just encase! I will travel up to Tupperlake for a half Ironman on Saturday which should be fun and a great training day...I've heard lots of good things about this race.
This is a welcome change to the routine of this dreary weather we have been having here. This will be a high energy, quality training week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have fun and happy training....Hope to see you at some races soon, now that I actually have a race schedule ;-)
Tracy