Saturday, April 18, 2009

Eye of the Tiger!

Tomorrow will be two weeks since Ironman and I am ready to get back to training. How do I know this? Well a good sign is when you go on a nice family bike ride and you see a group of cyclists in the distance. All of a sudden everything gets quiet...I start planning my attack. The pace starts to pick up. The gears start to click ...my heart rate controlled but rising. I calculate how fast they are going...I figure it should only take a few minutes to catch them.
"Mom ...I'm thirsty..." oops what am I doing,I'm on a family ride. I look ahead again but I can't let them go...OK here goes...once again I pick up the pace...faster faster... I'm gaining ground...this will work...
Yes, I am on my mountain bike, and I do have my daughters tandem bike attached to mine...but we can do it. I shout to Sydney that I think we can catch the cyclists ahead... pedal faster. She laughs...this is FUN. Wow, mom we are going fast! I know but we can go faster....I push hard...we are so close now...we are going to pass them! Hundred yards back....maybe a minute...
Mom she yells ,"Can we turn around now....I can't even see Tanner anymore! Are u sure I ask? "Yeh, lets go back...she says! I watch as the group pulls away....AHHH, so close....

Kids go back to school Monday and I will have some time to sit and write my IMSA race report. It's been a fun two weeks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Imagine the surprise from the group of cyclists had you passed them on a mountain bike with your child in tow. PRICELESS!!!

Mark V. said...

Haha!! Great motivational story! I do the same thing with my son pushing him in the jogger on the boardwalk! Go get em tiger!!