Saturday, January 3, 2009

A beautiful winter day!



Sometimes the days are cold and windy but it can really be a perfect training day. Today was that day...I try not bunch my workouts up into one but today this is how it went.
7.30 AM MASTERS 300 SWIM
200 KICK
100 DRILL
200 CATCH UP
200 PULL
200 KICK
400, 300, 200, 100 WHICH I did as a straight 1000
100 EASY
100 KICK
5X50'S SPRINT
400 SWIM
200 COOL DOWN 3250 YDS

9.15 MOUNTAIN BIKE
Biked first half hour by myself as I was running behind due to getting a few extra yards in the pool. Did not mind as I wanted to get my legs moving at my own speed. It was a balmy 32 degrees and I definitely over dressed. Ran into a group and went straight to Tiger Woods...a narly but fun rooty section of the woods. Did some good solid riding for 2 hours. The ground was hard and slick in sections. Saw two people wipe out taking corners too fast..I tried to keep it under control...safety first!

11.30 RUN
Headed out into the woods with a small group. Felt really good. Pushed the hills a bit and enjoyed the fresh air. Made sure I did not take my eyes off of the trails as those roots like to come out and grab you when you not paying attention. Ran 1 hour.

12.30 READY FOR FOOD
Stopped at store for fluid, a bar and a protein shake

1pm HOT SHOWER
I think I was in the shower for at least half an hour trying to get warmmmmmm!

Now I am ready for a nap...chillin with the fam....my son and I are working on a Superhero story....Flake and Volt...well he's writing...I'm editing :-)

Hope tomorrow is a good road bike weather day!

No comments: